When the temperature drops, electric cargo bikes especially need to be maintained and used scientifically. Electric tricycles also need the care of users. When you pay attention to the electric tricycle, the electric tricycle will certainly give you a return. These seven skills about the use of electric tricycles can make electric cargo bikes run farther when the temperature drops.
1. Electric tricycles should be recharged frequently in cold weather. Don’t wait for the electricity to run out before recharging, which will damage the battery. The temperature drop will have a direct impact on the battery capacity of the electric cargo tricycle. In summer, it may be enough to charge once every two days. Now it may not be enough to use, so you need to charge once a day. Don’t wait for the electric tricycle to be recharged without electricity at all, which will not only affect the normal use, but also cause damage to the battery.
2. The electric cargo bike can’t run far in cold weather. It’s not necessarily because the battery is broken. The temperature will recover when the temperature rises. The most ideal driving environment for electric cargo tricycles is about 25 ℃, which is why most people feel that electric tricycles run far in summer. But now the temperature is falling, and the capacity of the battery will also drop significantly. When the temperature is 0 ℃, the battery capacity is only about 70% of the normal. For every 1 ℃ drop in the temperature below zero, the capacity will decrease by 1%. The lower the temperature is, the lower the battery capacity will be. The lower the battery capacity is, the shorter the driving mileage of the electric tricycle will be. This is a normal phenomenon, not the battery is broken. After the temperature rises in spring, the driving mileage of the electric tricycle will gradually return to normal.
3.When starting or going uphill, the electric tricycle should accelerate slowly as far as possible. In winter, when the electric tricycle starts and goes uphill, accelerate slowly and evenly as much as possible. Don’t suddenly speed up, otherwise the power consumption will increase due to high current discharge.
4. Charge the electric cargo bike, preferably within 10 hours, and then stay 1-2 hours after turning the light. Charge the electric tricycle in cold weather. When the charger turns the light, it can stay for another 1-2 hours. Pay attention not to charge for too long, which will also cause damage to the battery.
5. The minimum power of electric tricycle in cold weather shall not be less than 30%, and it shall be charged in time. When using an electric tricycle in cold weather, the capacity in the battery should not be less than 25%. If it is lower than 25%, it will cause damage to the battery and affect the service life of the battery.
6. The electric tricycle should be charged once a month to avoid battery vulcanization. Some people will put the electric tricycle in warehouse because of the cold temperature, and ride the electric tricycle after the temperature rises. Before placing the electric tricycle, first charge the electric tricycle with electricity, let the electric tricycle be placed with electricity, and charge the electric tricycle once a month, so as to avoid the battery damage caused by vulcanization of the battery.
7. The battery mileage decreases too significantly, so you need to go to an electric tricycle shop or repair shop for inspection. When the temperature drops, the driving mileage of some electric tricycles decreases too significantly. For example, the driving mileage of fully charged tricycles is less than 10 kilometers, and the battery has generally been used for more than two years. You can go to a regular electric tricycle store or repair shop for testing, and your battery may need to be replaced.