Electric cargo bikes are a good way to reduce your carbon footprint, exercise and simplify your daily routine. This makes them a great choice for cyclists who want to start a family or anyone who loves an active lifestyle and wants to spend less time on the car. There are few things to consider before riding a family cargo bike.
When you ready to go out with your family cargo bike, don’t forget the preparations as below.
First your cargo bicycle must work properly, and every family member must sit safely and comfortably. Finding the right way to ride for your child is critical to ensuring a happy ride.
- We recommend a quick equipment check before each outside biking. This will help avoid any potential faults that may occur during the journey:
- Check the tyre pressure. Cargo bikes should be kept within 3.0 to 4.0 bar.
- For electric bicycles, check whether the battery is fully charged. For long distance travel, you should take an extra battery.
- Lubricating the chain: If you have not done this for a period of time and you are afraid of disturbing it, please contact your local bicycle shop to help at any time.
- Check the shift. Check that the rear derailleur shifts evenly and smoothly between all gears.
If you are not sure about anything, here are professional.suggestions
No matter what kind of bike you ride, you should wear a helmet to prevent accidents. Ideally, you need a reflective material to ensure safe riding at night.
See and be seen
This is one of the most important electric bicycle riding skills! Before you go on the road, you need to make sure that your electronic bicycle has proper lighting. In addition to wearing reflective equipment, it is also important to ensure that cars and pedestrians can see your bike.
Be gentle when turning
First, relax when turning! Turning with an electric cargo bike is very different from turning with a traditional bicycle. They are often wider, and you need to ensure that your cargo and passengers are safe at all times.
Learn to ride slowly
One of the most important suggestions for beginners on bicycles is to learn to ride slowly. This will help you avoid accidents and give you time to react when things happen.
As a beginner of bicycle, it is important to pay attention to the surrounding environment. This means paying attention to obstacles on the road, as well as other cyclists and pedestrians.
Relax and enjoy!
Finally, one of the best electric bicycle riding skills is to relax and enjoy riding. This is a good method, and you will soon build up the confidence and skills needed to ride like a professional.
How to choose the right route for your family bike ride?
Our suggestion is to choose a quiet route to start, so as to take a short trip suitable for children. If your child is satisfied with the idea, you can gradually increase the distance. Bike vacations may help achieve this, as distance may feel less daunting when there are many new things to discover.