There are three main reasons for battery explosion of electric cargo bike: 1. Charging over time and over pressure; Second, the timing of charging is inappropriate; Third, the power supply is short circuited.
Charging over time and over pressure are often related to the charger. The new national standard charger will automatically cut off power after it is fully charged. If the green light is on, charging has been stopped.
Earlier, some chargers did not have this function. If the battery is charged for a long time, it will over pressure and heat up. (the charger does not matching, the charging voltage exceeds the battery limit voltage) especially after charging for more than ten hours, I forgot to unplug the charging plug at night, if the battery over pressures for a long time, it will heat up and bulge. Thereby causing a battery explosion accident.
terms of settlement:
1. Select a compliant charger. All chargers that can’t cut off power automatically after charging for 6-8 hours shall be replaced.
2. Set the charging time. The charging timeout should not be too long. Disconnect the power supply in time after the battery is fully charged
Second, the timing of charging is appropriate. It is quite dangerous to charge the electric vehicle immediately after it is stopped and the battery is still very hot. If, the following situations will be encountered: 1. The charger does not match, and the charging voltage exceeds the upper limit of the battery voltage. 2. The charger cannot be powered off automatically after being fully charged. 3. I haven’t unplugged the charging power for more than ten hours. If the above conditions occur at the same time, the battery is likely to cause fire and explosion
terms of settlement:
The battery that has just been shut down is very hot. Do not charge it immediately. Lithium batteries are easy to bulge when they are hot. Generally, it is better to wait for 10 to 15 minutes before charging when the battery temperature drops.
The third is the short-circuit fault of the power supply, which is the main reason for the fire and explosion of electric vehicles. As long as the power supply of the electric vehicle is short circuited, the wire will ignite. If the main circuit is not equipped with a fuse (or power-off switch) or the fuse fails, and the power supply cannot be cut off in time, the battery will catch fire and explode.
The main reason for the short circuit of the power line is that the wire will heat up when it is energized for a long time, and the wire skin will become soft. If the insulation of the wire is poor or damaged, the metal wires inside will meet together, forming a short circuit fault. The positive and negative poles of the power supply are connected, and the flash will discharge instantly to generate sparks. Just like the household lighting wires, the live wires will ignite when they touch zero. Now the key problem is: if the line is equipped with a fuse (or power-off switch), the power supply can be cut off after the wire is short circuited, and the battery will not explode.
terms of settlement:
1. Check whether the battery output power supply is equipped with qualified fuse (or power-off switch).
2. Check whether the insulation of power wires is qualified, and the wires can not only be stuck together.
As long as the output power supply of the electric vehicle is equipped with a qualified fuse. Even if the wires are stuck together and a short-circuit fault occurs, only if the fuse can be melted and broken by the short-circuit current, and the power circuit can be cut off, the battery will not have fire and explosion accidents.
In a word,
1. The voltage and capacity of charger and battery shall match and meet the quality requirements.
2. After the battery is fully charged, it must have the power-off function.
3. The output line of the battery power supply shall be equipped with a fuse, which has the function of short-circuit and power-off.
4. Don’t charge the battery that has just been stopped. Charge it after the battery cools down.
5. Check the motor wires regularly, and the wires shall not be stuck together.