In the normal use process, if there is a problem with the parts of the cargo bike, generally we will find a maintenance shop to repair it, and then we can continue to ride. However, it should be noted that although some parts can be repaired, it is certainly more cost-effective to replace them in a comprehensive way than to repair them. It is more economical to consider for a long time.
Tyres are to electric cargo bikes what feet are to humans. If your feet are sprained, you can’t walk. The same is true of tyres. You need to ensure that they are not damaged to get on the road safely. But usually, there are many times when electric cargo bike tires have failed. Although we found it, we still don’t know whether to replace it with a new tire or to find a repairman to repair it.
- 1. If your tire has been seriously worn, you can directly replace it with a new one, and there is no need to repair it;
- 2. If your tire is punctured by a sharp object during driving, or the tire of the outer is cracked. At this time, the protective effect of the outer tyre is no longer available, but began to damage the inner tyre. It is recommended to replace it with a new tire, which can be used for a long time, is safer, and is more cost-effective for bike owners.
Battery is the power source of electric cargo bikes, so battery replacement and maintenance is still crucial. However, due to the complexity of the battery, many bike owners do not understand whether the battery can be repaired or not.
- 1. If your budget is not enough and you don’t want to spend too much money, you can repair it, usually replacing the faulty one in a set of batteries. However, the safety of this kind of maintenance is not guaranteed, and problems will occur after a few months, so it is not recommended.
- 2. If the budget is enough, it is recommended to directly replace the original battery, which can be used for at least two years and is safe. Note that when replacing the original battery, you should pay attention to four points: whether the surface is smooth, whether there is anti-counterfeiting mark, whether the packaging is consistent with the date of the battery, and whether there is a certificate of conformity and quality assurance card.
The brake, like the tire, is a consumable part, and a series of problems will occur in the process of use. Which method should we choose if the brake has problems?
- 1. If the brake is generally loose or rusted, resulting in increased resistance, it must be relatively cost-effective to repair, and the user only needs to adjust the brake with a screwdriver and add some oil to the brake appropriately.
- 2. If the wear is serious due to long service time, it is more cost-effective to replace it directly. Because many bikes now use disc brakes with better braking, maintenance is more cumbersome and expensive than drum brakes. Even if it is repaired, it will break again, so there is no need to repair it at all, just replace it directly.
I don’t know if the owner has such an experience, that is, when riding an electric cargo bike, he twisted the knob off too hard. What should you do in this case?
Most of the time, you can still plug in the twisted knob, but this is a huge safety hazard, because the spring inside has broken and may be separated again at any time. So if you lose it, just go to the exclusive store and change it for a new one.
The above mentioned are the most common faults of cargo bikes. Other faults include front forks, shock absorbers, wheel hubs, chargers and so on. They all need to be replaced directly, and maintenance will not work at all. The majority of bike owners should pay more attention to avoid wasting money and failing to repair the cargo bike.